Join the first tee and learn more than a game
What can my child do at The First tee of north florida?
- Attend classes and progress through the program levels
- Play in our Tournament Series
- Become an LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Member
- Attend weekly Summer Camps
- Participate in local and national events
besides golf, What will my child learn?
- Character development by exploring The Nine Core Values. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- How to properly introduce themselves to someone new
- Ways to stay cool under pressure
- Tools to handle conflict resolution
- The difference between dreams and goals
- The importance of planning for the future
- Why it is important to appreciate diversity
What are the program levels?
All participants that are new to The First Tee must begin at the TARGET or PLAYer Level based on their age.
- TARGET Level (5 & 6 year olds) – Serves as an introduction to The First Tee Life Skills Experience.
- PLAYer Level (Ages 7 & Up) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee Code of Conduct.
- Par Level – Focuses on interpersonal communications and self-management skills on and off the golf course.
- Birdie Level – Emphasis on goal setting and making them a reality.
- Eagle Level – Learn resilience skills, conflict resolution, and planning for the future.
- Ace Level – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
When are classes held?
The Golf and Life Skills Experience is offered in five week sessions with two each in the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. During each five week session, participants will meet for their scheduled program once per week for one to 1.5 hours. Parents may register their children for Sessions I & II at the same time.
2018 Program Dates:
|Seasons||Registration Opens||Session I Starts||Session I Ends||Session II Starts||Session II Ends|
|Spring||Friday, January 19th||Saturday, February 24th||Friday, March 30th||Saturday, April 7th||Friday, May 11th|
|Summer||Friday, April 27th||Saturday, May 26th||Friday, June 29th||Saturday, July 7th||Friday, August 10th|
|Fall||Friday, July 20th||Saturday, September 1st||Friday, October 5th||Saturday, October 13th||Friday, November 16th|
How Does my Child Advance through the Levels?
Eligible participants may advance to their next level by completing the following:
- Meet the minimum programming hours requirement for current level
- Complete the Yardage Book for current level
- Pass a written Life Skills assessment
- Pass a written golf knowledge assessment
- Pass a golf skills assessment
Each participant seeking to move to a higher level must demonstrate their understanding of the core golf and life skills. They will show their ability to apply the lessons learned both on and off the golf course.
NOTE: Each level of the program is designed so that the children who meet the minimum age requirement can understand the curriculum. Therefore older participants that are new to the program may be able to progress through the earlier levels without meeting the programming hours requirement. For more information, please contact our Director of Programming, Ron Castillo, at email@example.com.
CLICK HERE for certification requirements for each level.