Our LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Program is a great way to introduce your girl to the game of golf, new friends, and The First Tee of North Florida. These programs and events are intended to help build confidence and friendship with other girls from the community. Our Girls Golf Coach Team is made up of female mentors who guide the girls through activities designed to enhance their golf and leadership skills. This program helps build leaders and discuss what females can achieve in sport and the community.
BECOME A GIRLS GOLF MEMBER
Enrolling as a national Girls Golf member makes you eligible to participate in your local Girls Golf site’s events, and comes with great perks too! LPGA-USGA Girls Golf members receive official Girls Golf membership gifts (including fun logo’d golf merchandise and accessories), and are granted free entry to LPGA Tour, Symetra Tour, and USGA Championships. For more information, contact our LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Coordinator, Brooke Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-810-2231.
weekly girls golf CLASS
We are excited to offer a weekly Girls Golf class! Classes take place on Monday evenings at Brentwood Golf Course (Jacksonville) and Saturday afternoons at Palm Valley Golf Club (Nocatee). The cost for each five week session is $35 and girls from every level of The First Tee are welcome to attend. Along with learning more about The First Tee Nine Core Values, participants will gain a deeper understanding of The Five E’s which are designed to:
- ENRICH girls lives by expanding their minds and horizons
- ENERGIZE girls with passion for the game of golf
- EMPOWER girls with confidence and inspire them to dream BIG
- ENGAGE girls with positive female role models and mentors
- EXERCISE girls’ minds and bodies helping them unlock their full potential
NOTE: A 2019 Junior Membership purchased from The First Tee of North Florida is required to participate in all weekly classes. The membership cost is $50 per participant. CLICK HERE for more Junior Membership information.
Girls Golf special events
In addition to weekly classes, our Girls Golf program conducts special events designed to be fun, engaging, and empowering. A typical Girls Golf event could include anything from hitting marshmallows out of a bunker, taking a field trip to a professional golf tournament, or hosting a movie night. Creativity is Queen when it comes to Girls Golf and we are not afraid to think outside of the box! We will offer 10-15 Girls Golf special events this year so be sure to check here regularly.
- Wednesday, January 23 – Swing Into the New Year @ TopGolf – 3:00pm
- Saturday, January 19 – The SALLY Golf Tournament (Oceanside CC, Ormond Beach) – 9:00am
- Saturday, March 2 – Body Control Workout (Body Control Gym in Bartram Park area) – 10:30am for ages 9-12, 11:30am for ages 13 & Up
- Wednesday, March 6 @ 3:00pm – TopGolf Takeover
The eLeader program is a new national volunteer and mentorship opportunity for Girls Golf advocates, ages 13 – 17, who are looking for ways to give back to help their local program. In addition to making a difference in your community, you’ll build professional and leadership skills that will help you prepare for life beyond high school.
Enrolling as an eLeader is the perfect way to earn volunteer service hours and gain experience in teaching, marketing, event/tournament management, communication, technology, and more! Not to mention, your service as a Girls Golf eLeader makes a great addition to your resume and college application!
Once your 20+ volunteer hours have been completed, you’ll receive the following perks:
- A college recommendation letter provided by the Site Director
- Opportunity to complete your high school service hours
- A special eLeader gift upon enrollment and a “thank you” gift for completing your 20+ service hours
- Opportunity to be included in a Leadership Academy and other national events
- Opportunity to be selected as eLeader of the Month (June – September)
If you are interested in becoming an eLeader, contact Brooke Smith at email@example.com.