The First Tee of North Florida Tournament Series is a great way for PLAYers to test their skills and learn the basics of tournament scoring, pace of play, and rules. Divisions are based on the PLAYer’s grade level during the 2019-20 school year. PLAYers may play in their 2018-19 grade level and compete for the tournament trophy (per Director of Programming’s approval) but results will not be credited toward the 2019 Tour Championship. NOTE: A 2019 Junior Membership is required to register for tournaments.
Divisions Based on 2019-20 School Year
Lil’ Linksters Division – Grades K-2 (6 holes)
Futures Division – Grades 3-5 (6 holes)
Champions Division – Grades 6-8 (9 holes)
Pro’s Division – Grades 9-12 (9 holes)
How our Tournament Series is unique
– A double-par per hole limit applies to all age divisions
– Shorter Courses (Lil’ Linksters = 1,000-1,200 yards; Futures = 1,200-1,400 yards; Champions = 2,400-2,800 yards; Pro’s = 3,000-3,400 yards)
– A Coach walks with every Lil’ Linksters and Futures group to teach and help with scoring, rules, etiquette, and pace of play
2019 calvin peete cup
The Tournament Series operates a yearlong points system similar to the PGA, LPGA, and other major golf tours. The points chart below lists the various ways a player can earn points and the quantity awarded for each accomplishment. This points system will be used to determine the 12 players in each age division that will be invited to compete in the season-ending Tour Championship. At the conclusion of the Tour Championship, the participant with the most points in each age division will be presented the “Calvin Peete Cup.” Mr. Peete was a 12 time winner on the PGA TOUR, is a World Golf Hall of Fame Member, and was an integral part in the development and success of The First Tee of Jacksonville which now serves as The First Tee of North Florida.
- PLAYers will report all points earned outside of Tournament Series events by emailing email@example.com. in a given month within the first seven days of the following month (i.e. all points earned in the month of April must be reported by May 7th.) IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the sole Responsibility of the PLAYer to report all points earned outside of Tournament Series Events.
- TFTNF staff will award all points earned in Tournament Series events (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and entry into an event).
- Only points earned in the previous month can be reported.
- Updated points standings will be posted online within five business days of each event.
|Point Earning Accomplishments||Points Earned|
|1st Place in a Tournament Series event*||100|
|2nd Place in a Tournament Series event*||50|
|3rd Place in a Tournament Series event*||25|
|Play in a Tournament Series event*||25|
|Register for an LSE session||25|
|Play 9 holes outside of The First Tee||10|
|Play in a non-Tournament Series event||25|
|1st Place in a non-Tournament Series event||100|
|Successfully complete PLAYer assessment||50|
|Successfully complete Par assessment||100|
|Successfully complete Birdie assessment||150|
|Successfully complete Eagle assessment||200|
|Achieve A/B Honor Roll||100|
|Volunteer at chapter event||100|
|Two hours of community service outside of The First Tee||25|
2019 Spring Tournament Schedule*
|Event #||Event Date||Event Name||Lill Linksters & Futures Location||K-5th Time||Champions & Pro’s Location||6-12th Time||Registration Opens||Registration Closes|
|1||2/23/19||President’s Open||Cimarrone Golf Club||2:30pm||Cimarrone Golf Club||1:30pm||2/11/19||2/20/19|
|2||3/9/19||PLAYers Challenge||Bent Creek Golf Club||2:00pm||Bent Creek Golf Club||1:00pm||2/11/19||3/6/19|
|4/6/19||Magnolia Classic||Fleming Island Golf Club||2:30pm||Fleming Islang Golf Club||1:30pm||2/11/19||4/3/19|
|5/11/19||Memorial Open||Grand Reserve Golf Club||2:00pm||Grand Reserve Golf Club||1:00pm||2/11/19||5/8/19|
*Tournament Schedule is subject to change
Congratulations to our 2018 Calvin Peete Cup winners! CLICK HERE to see the full 2018 standings.
Lil’ Linksters (K-2nd Grade)
Calvin Peete Cup – David Waller (4,000 points)
Runner Up – Brookelynn Argo (1,950)
Third Place (tie) – Greyson Pasek (1,500)
Third Place (tie) – Pierson Owen (1,500)
Futures (3rd-5th Grade)
Calvin Peete Cup – Alex Hodac (3,200 points)
Runner Up – Christian Pate (2,150)
Third Place – Nate Marciani (1,800)
Champions (6th-8th Grade)
Calvin Peete Cup – Matthew French (4,550 points)
Runner Up – Bryson Hughes (3,330)
Third Place – DJ Waller (2,100)
Pro’s (9th-12th Grade)
Calvin Peete Cup – Madelyn Campbell (3,700 points)
Runner Up – Dylan Harper (1,850)
Third Place – Matthew Olsen (1,750)
Additional Tournament Series Info: